Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

~No "ifs" or "ands", just butts!~

So we had out first exploding diaper yesterday. I have to say it wasn't that bad, although I am sure it just a precursor of things to come. A wee bit skirted out the back and hence we had to change our outfit and "Zoo Friends" went into the wash. She was so proud of herself too and gave me a big old smile! In fact, she has started to smile in response to our smiles. Her whole face lights up. It's just precious.

I'm also wondering when she will be in size 2 diapers, seeing we are almost out of size 1. Ok well by the looks of it we aren't almost out, but when you have a kid who goes through like 10-12 diapers a day, then yeah..we're almost out. She is almost 24 inches long and probably 11-12 pounds at this point (just ask my back) so I will just use these size 1's until they are gone and then I'll just switch to size 2.

On another note, I have a freeloader and I have no idea where it came from. I though hemorrhoids were supposed to happen like right after you gave birth and stuff. And I know I had them a bit during pregnancy, although they went away for the last 3 or so months. Hrmm..well I woke up the other day with an almond in my ass. Yes, I bent over with a mirror and looked. I had to know what I was in for. Just in time for ny 6 week pp too. What joy! So out came the witch hazel, store brand tucks, sitz bath and creams. *sigh* Like I have time to sitz? When I get 15 mins to my own, that is not the first thing that comes to my mind to do, you know? Laundry, vacuuming, dishes, swiffering..that is what takes that time. Arg..oh well. Back to the drawing board I guess.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your freeloader...butts...And as for diapers, I learned that Keller was ready for the next size diaper usually because of more frequent "leakage" as you've just described, so you're onto it...and he never made it to the high end of the weight suggestion on the diaper box...

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I agree with Lisa that when you start getting lots of leakage it is time to switch. Although I had lots of explosive diapers to change in the beginning.