Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

~Some improvement & MIL..~

OK so we seem to be getting on to some sort of sleep/eat pattern and let me tell you I am *not* complaining one bit...ok maybe a little. During the day the little lady requests her table for one almost every 2 hours..sometimes it is more frequently. Like she'll settle down to eat at say 1, finish at 1:30 and then want to eat a again at 2 and finish at 3..but then won't want another reservation until about 5. I'd be inclined to call it cluster feeding if she didn't go 4 hours bewteen sittings during the night. Now do not think for one second that means Mommy is getting 4 hours of sleep..hahahaha..you kill me! No. It will take her at least 4-5 diaper changes per feeding and 30-45 minutes after she is done to calm down enough to go to sleep. So you can see these feedings can easily last 1 1/2 and sometimes on a bad night 2 hours. *sigh*

Now on the other subject. Some people think it is taboo to talk about their MIL, I on the other hand say, if I know you and I am on this blog, you are fair game! I'll just change your name. :)

So the other day she comes over. Fab. Why "fab"? Well I need some sleep, and yes I know "sleep when the baby sleeps" is all well and good but the fact of the matter is you get much better sleep when there is another person in your home watching the kid. You actually sleep, and if you are lucky reach REM sleep, not hover over the bed with your eyes closed.

Anyways, she decides she wants to take Madelyn for a walk while I sleep. Even better. So I show her how to work the stroller/car seat. OK well more like I show myself how it works because the fucking woman I swear has ADD. I put the car seat in the stroller for her..all she had to do was put baby in and take baby out. I tried to make this super simple for her so she could wrap her pea brain around it. Apparently even that was too much. I am in the middle of my demostration when she decides that would be a cruicial time to mention that we have lots of black ants on our driveway. Yes Ellen I know this..can we pay attention? OK, still showing her how to secure Madelyn in the seat and; "Oh, don"t tell Scott but he looks like he has put on some weight." Um, ok..you are THIS close to me telling you that if you can't pay enough attention to this demo to make sure your grand daughter is safe and survives the walk, you will not and can not take her anywhere out of my fucking sight. Ever.

I decide ok, I'm done with this..I'm too tired right now to cater to you. You raised 3 kids, Lord knows how you didn't kill them, but shit, YOU figure it out. I'm going to bed. I'll see you in 3 hours.

I find out later she called Scott at work so he could come home and put Madelyn in the car seat for her. Do you bleive this?! And of course later on when he came home from work for real I had to explain myself. Good grief. Like I have the energy for this bullshit??? Eat your baked ziti and can it, ok?

2 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

OMG! I can't believe he came home for that.

Lisa said...

UGh!!! So sorry!! Hopefully you sleep was worthwhile!