Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

~Bad day already..and it's not even 10AM yet!~

Ok so..today was the big day. A real bath for the little lady. How exciting! The plan was to give her this warm fabulous real bath, dress her in a fuzzy fleecy outfit, then fill her belly to her hearts content, and then lay down for a nice nap. Who wouldn't want that kind of morning?

Apparently God had other plans for me today.

I get the bath all set up, including her clothes, new diaper, and all the other necesities one needs for a succesful baby bath. I follow the instructions on the bath...*snap* goes the bath. Perfect. Should have no leaks according to the directions. I give the bath a once over to make double sure. Looks good. I start to fill th ebath. While filling it I attept to "lock" the incline wedge into place (she needs to use the incline wedge because she can't sit up by herself) and find after much fidgeting, it won't lock, it just rests..hmm...that looks wobbly. Sure enough, it is very wobbly. Grrreeeaaat.

Wait a second..why are my feet feeling really warm right now? I look down. Oh shit. The bath has now leaked at least 3-4 gallon of water all over. On the counter, down the cabinets and lastly all over the floor; soaking my 2 kitchen rugs and running under the fridge and the oven. As I am wrapping my head around this fiasco I hear Madelyn decide this would be a great time to wake up and scream her head off. Jesus. Well I gotta tend to this water, well, at least get the majority up. So there I am at 8:00AM on my hands and knees with bath towels trying to get this water up all while hearing my daughter scream bloody murder from her swing. Gah.

Fine..most of the water is up, so I go get her and we settle down on the couch for her breakfast. it is then I realize I am also soaking wet from the knees down. Awesome.

Have I mentioned I have been awake for some degree since 2AM? *sigh*

I need a drink and it's not even 10AM yet....

1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Ugghhh. Hope the day got better.