Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

~All hail the swaddle~

So 1 day before her 6 week milestone I decided to swaddle her again at night. Why? Well she flails her arms around a lot and I thought that maybe that is what wakes her up at night. Sure enough. We swaddled her and BANG..slept like a champ. It has been 7 nights now and only 1 mishap. I am so glad I can't even tell you, although I may also be a bit spoiled now with a 6 week old kid who sleeps through the night. I realize it's not exactly normal, but hey, I'll take it.

This came about when at 5 weeks I decided I would allow her to wake me up when she needed me, instead of me waking her up to eat. However, during the day I was still prodding her every 3 hours. Fine. In doing this, she actually went longer in between feedings for some of those nights and less in others. I was wondering how to get some nightly consistency, so I tried the swaddle again, and lo and behold a sleeping baby!

I hope I didn't just jinx myself..oh God that would suck.

Of course Mommy isn't sleeping nearly as well as baby because she is still up every 3-4 hours anyways just to check on the little one. But yay..it's Friday which means Scott gets to monitor the monitor, which means..someone else has the responsibilty..which means I will sleep uninterrupted as long as Madelyn allows me to. Nurse Scott will wake me if she needs me. Such joy! I love weekends!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The swaddle rocked in our house for 7 months!! Whatever works! Sleeping baby = sleeping mommy = happy mommy, baby, and husband/daddy, too:) Win-win-win!!