Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

~FOUND: 1 Pediatrician~

I am so excited..today I had what was to be my last interview with a Pediatrician. Why my last? Not because I wanted it to be but basically because time is not on my side anymore. However, it seems this was all I needed anyways!

I went to speak with the doctor at 9:00AM..she is 7 minutes from my house. The building is fairly new, however, her office, waiting room, and exam rooms are immaculate. You could seriously eat off the floor. Not only is she younger (she has been out of school maybe 9-10 years), she is extremely well spoken, has very good bedside manner, and is from Pakistan. She speaks 4 languages; English, Spanish, Hindi (spoken in India, Fiji, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh), and Urdu (spoken in Pakistan and parts of India). She wears a head scarf, lots of gold bangle bracelets, and a borderline Burka.

It was very important to me to have a woman doctor (number one) but also a doctor who didn't look like a doctor. What I mean is this; when I was growing up all doctors were white men, wore white coats, and had hairy noses and ears. Just like 90% of teachers were white women, wore heels, wore too much red lipstick, and smelled like mothballs. I wanted someone who "broke my mold" and could show my daughter that no matter where you come from you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it.

No comments: