Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

~Madelyn Rachel has arrived~

I know I haven't updated in a while but I have been a bit busy..you know..giving birth and all!

OK so after about 17 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing, my little girl has made her way into the world.

Her stats:
Aug 14 2009
1:53AM
7.78 lbs
19 inches long
full head of dark brown hair

I went in to be induced at 7am on August 13th..and by 7:30 I was already harboring a capsule of misoprostal to get things moving. Six hours later I had dilated 1 more cm so we began the pitocin. At that point Scott decided it was probably going to be his last chance to get something from the cafeteria to eat so he took it. And about 5 minutes after he was gone I was in excruciating pain, but I waited it out until the nurse came back in the room..which seemed like an eternity but in fact was only like 2 more minutes. I caved and asked her for ther epidural. She knew how I felt about it from the beginning and asked me why I thought I suddenly needed it. I said well looking at the print out and the contraction monitor, you'll see that I have never really had a break from them. They never "flatlined" so to speak..so for the last 6 hours I have been having one long continuous contraction (more or less) that just differed here and there on degrees of pain. Yes I am in pain, but I am more concerned about later when I have to push, I may not have the energy because I was not able to realx. She took a look and agreed with me that for the past 6 hours my body had not had a break and ordered the epidural.

Scott came back abot 5 minutes later and I told him I caved and the anethesiologists were on their way. No sooner did those words escape my lips then *bam*..they were in the room..talk about service! The team was 1 Resident, 1 Nurse and 1 Doctor. Obviously, they were going to have th Resident do the catheter. Fine. The doctor is *right* there. He won't allow them to hurt me....much. Long story short, after the Resident audibly exclaimed, "Oops!" and I felt a trickle of *something* down my back, the Doctor bascially pushed him aside and said he was making him "neurotic" and did it himself. Ahh..relief.

After about 1 hour of pitocin..they turned it off and I went the rest of the way all by myself..4cm to 10cm in about 4-5 hours.

Fast forward to 11:30PM..massive pain on my right side..we call the anethesiologist and she gave me 4 injections..none of which made any difference. The nurse suggested maybe I start pushing..WHAT?!?! You want me to WHAT?!?! Oh God..it's real now!! So I gave it a few tries, but I felt like I was expending wastefully, so we decided to wait another hour and try again. So we wait.

12:45AM...the next day...let's push...oooookaaaaay...

Epidural got turned down per my request seeing I was having a hard time feeling anything and I wanted to..so we went from 10cc to 8cc..and that made a world of difference. Friggin' awesome! Pop! Out came her head..holy relief...and them *sploosh*..out comes the rest of her...and then that amazing feeling of "aahhhhh..no one wants anything from me right now so I can just lay here and be giddy all alone.."

She came out screaming and scored 9/9 on her APGAR. Not even a trace of vernix on her, and she certainly did not look like a newborn, with the exception of her cone head.

Oh and Scott saw the ENTIRE thing..*sigh* So much for keeping *that* a mystery!

No comments: