Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

~Waiting...~

Oh yes waiting..and ever so impatiently for the store to call us and tell us our furniture arrived. We ordered it back in April and were told 10-12 week lead time..so this puts us now in the 10th week. July 5-July 19 is the window..and man we are dying. Our dining room and guest bedroom are still being taken up by all her "stuff" and we can't move it out until the furniture gets here. So frustrating because my house looks SO cluttered. I know I know..this is nothing like the clutter is will be in a few months I am sure of that..but I'd like it to remain clean for as long as possible.

Two days ago I bought this bottle set I had been wanting (for many reasons) called Second Nature.

Of course you can't find it in any store and I had to buy it online. It arrived yesterday. Scott and I of course took it all apart and examined it..then he got the bright idea to put some water in it and see just how difficult it was to get the fluid out. He nearly blew his eyes out! But my reasoning is this: if the kid has enough suction power to take my nipple halfway down her throat then this should not be an issue. We then realized after further inspection I really should have bought the special bottle brush so I could clean the holes thoroughly and also the breast pump adapter with storage seals for the bottles. So I ordered those today. My only concern is this; there are no instructions on how to properly sterilize the bottles, necks, and nipples. I would assume you stick them in boiling water for 5 minutes just like every other one and there was no "use and care instruction" booklet enclosed nor were there care instructions online. So I guess I just have to call them and ask. Annoyed.

2 comments:

Amy and Joe said...

Just boil them in water - it's all sterile after that :)

Me said...

OK but for how long?