Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

~Blood test results~

I have gotten an overwhelming response both on the web and in person of people's concern for Madelyn. Thank you for all your good wishes! So seeing I was going to post the findings here anyways, I will do that instead of emailing the lot of you that have been asking as I will be here all day if I do that!

First off there was a miscommunication between the lab, myself and the Pediatrician; The Pediatrician told me Endocrinology would call me when lab results came in, however, what really happened was she blindly referred us to Endocrinology, then Endocrinology called me prior to lab results to ensure I was able to get an appointment within a reasonable time JUST IN CASE things were urgent. In hindsight, the Pediatrician was just being super proactive, all the while making me feel the need to visit the cardiologist!!

In a nutshell almost everything was stellar..which is great news..but still leaves the questions unanswered.

However, there is some concern with Madelyn's liver functions. She is showing she has 1 of the 2 enzymes elevated, the AST. The other enzyme level that came back normal is the ALT. The Pediatrician did not seem all that alarmed about it as she stated this could simply be due to her age and will eventually even itself out. She also said it could be the reaction of her body fighting off an infection of some sort which is completely normal for the liver to do such business and when the liver is doing that the AST will be elevated.

However, maybe Endocrinology will be able to shed some light as to why she eats as much as she does..(I think I'm going to take pictures of each of her meals today so you all can see what she polishes off..it's really pretty insane) and yet does not gain any weight. In fact her Huggies size 3s even seemed baggy on her over the weekend! My theory is she is going to have a runner's body..long, tall and lean..just like her two uncles..who top the charts respectively at 6 foot 5 and 6 foot 7. And no they don't play basketball; they are both avid golfers.

Only time will tell. In the meantime, we do have a standing appointment for Birth2-3 June 3rd, GI on June 7th, and Endocrinology on June 18th.

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ast/test.html

No comments: