Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

~7th Generation~

First off, I'd like to give a big "THANK YOU" to Tara at 7th Generation for generously providing me with 1 size 3 and 1 size 4 to try on Madelyn's bum. She also sent me some coupons for diapers and other products as well.

Well, my initial impression when looking at this diaper was it seemed like a cross between a Pamper and a Huggie. Tabs and back elastic like Huggies and then the rest of it, like over all construction and feel was like a Pamper. This is where the comparisons ended. Tara did warn me that they ran small, so with that, I first put Madelyn in the size 3. It fit, but not very well, as it seemed to be a little too snug, as I expected thanks to Tara. No worries, I'll just let her use it and then see how it holds up to 2 hours of being a baby. The next day I decided to put her in the size 4. It fit her very very well, except it just seemed a little tall and the diaper looked as if it went halfway up her torso. Overall, I was pleased with the 4, so I went out and bought a pack with my coupon. We used them all this week and at night with no leaks. Fabulous. I did however notice that after they became wet, they became hard; a lot like the gDiapers did. Not a fan of a hard wet diaper.

Then yesterday I noticed Madelyn had 2 quarter sized red marks on her bum, what on earth...diaper rash in a 'natural' diaper? Really? I put some Desitin on it and it went away. Fine..I tried again without diaper cream. Nope..red marks came back. Wow. Not pleased.

Verdict is sadly a, "No". I do have some left, ok I have a lot left, so since they performed so well at night I will just use them on her at night until they are gone as we always slather her with Desitin at night anyways.

Next contestant; Huggies Pure & Natural.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck on your search.

Melissa said...

Hi! I have been "spying" on your website, I saw it on BBC. I just wanted to say that you might want to consider cloth. G-diapers are one of the worst cloth diapers, they leak and you have to buy some inserts. I use Fuzzi Bunz, when I started my LO had a BAD rash, within two days the rash was gone...and it has saved us a fortune. It might be a lot up front but worth it in the end.
you can mail me if you have questions. :)

Lisa said...

FYI, seventh gen, like most other commercial diapers contain "SAP" (tells what it is on the side panel)--I liked Earth's Best diapers too--only tried one pack--If you go to the baby store in West Hart. center, near the thai place across from the library they have sposies that do not contain this item...they are also an excellent source on cloth diapering...
I also tried the pure and natural but when Keller wore just his diaper last summer, he ripped a piece off around his leg and put it in his mouth...I immediately informed the company and their customer service was very concerned (and hooked me up with a bunch of coupons/free dipes)
There's also the Nature Babycare brand at BRU--haven't tried that one yet...and for the record, Keller is STILL in size 4 seventh gens...probably for a full year now!! good luck!!