Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

~Food, weight, and docs~

So Birth 2 3 came and did their assessment. As suspected, they did not find Madelyn eligible for their program. Woot.

We paid a visit to GI and was given the green light to not only take her off Pepcid but to introduce her to yogurt. She ate some of that yesterday and loved it and so far no adverse reaction. I also gorged myself on some Pineapple Greek yogurt as well, and man oh man..after not eating that for about 9 months or so, was it ever good.

GI is till concerned about her weight gain, or lack thereof, even though she has gained in the past few weeks...back to 17lbs. I am to give her more and more food, concentrating on fatty higher calorie foods. He wants me to cook her food when I cook them in butter (no..I give her olive oil thanks). Butter has added salt, ok I can go salt free fine, but it also is loaded with saturated fats..something I d o not think she really needs..maybe I am wrong?

I know she has to eat a ton, and frankly she already was eating a ton before GI saw her, but I am also concerned he is trying to make her a "fat" baby..not what I want for her. Rolls on a baby are good yes, but a fat baby is not. Gotta find a happy medium here.

1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Cooking in olive oil should give her extra calories but from a healthier source than butter. I had a friend whose doc recommended milk shakes to help her 1 year gain weight. Weird but the kid is fine now. Glad to hear she isn't qualified for birth 2 3. Great news.