Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

~What the hell is going on around here?~

OK so on Tuesday, Nov 24th I called the Pedi for a follow up call about Miss Madelyn's GI stuff, told her she was keeping her food down much better and her diapers finally looked like what a BF baby's diaper should, although I mentioned it really stunk..like so bad it would make your head whip back..really nasty. She said no worries and to carry on. Fine. Within 24 hours of that phone call the diapers took on a whole new look. Poop that looked like holiday gravy (aren't you glad I waited until after Thanksgiving to post this?) and that smell like nothing else I have ever experienced. I nearly threw up from it. And she also had a dime sized glob of blood in her stool. Great. I call her Pedi again on Wednesday morning. She orders all these tests. So I go pick up the paperwork then shoot over to the lab to get the vials. OMG. I have to fill 6 vials. How in the heck am I going to do that when her diaper absorbs 90% of it? They say "oh just line it with plastic and hope for the best". Yeah right lady. So I post on trusted Baby Center for recommendations for the worst diaper ever. Told to get the Wally World brand; Parent's Choice. M kay...now I can't put her in these on Thursday (Thanksgiving), and then I wasn't about to venture into that store on Black Friday for 1 pack of diapers, so we finally get around to getting them on Saturday afternoon, but since she did her poop for the day already I wasn't going to use them. But then Sunday was out because it was her baptism. So guess who is stuck (literally) shoveling shit this week..me. Gah..so when she wakes up form her nap today she gets her first Wally World brand diaper.

Now on to me. Saturday night, Nov 28th, I had the same thing happen to me as I did the other night..chills, can't get warm, chattering teeth, nausea, etc, but thankfully no abdominal pain, although that was replaced by a raging headache. The only differences were my temp went up and I had pain in my joints..and it went up fast. At midnight I was registering about a 98 or so (I run normally at 97)..then by 4am I was 100.8 shivering, chattering bundled up under the electric blanket and I had goosebumps to boot. Then around 5 the fever broke and I was sweating bullets. So weird.

Then yesterday after all our baptism guests left (all 9 of them!) it happened again, under blankets, freezing, chattering, nausea, goosebumps etc..no abdominal pain, yet a raging headache; fever spiked to 100.1, then broke again.

I'm kinda scared to say the least, seeing it renders me unable to function and I have a 15 week old child. So I called my OB this morning and waiting now for the call back. Curious if any or all of this is related to childbirth or the fact he casually mentioned I may need a D&C or what. We shall see.

Although on the upside, I have finally stopped bleeding..yay for small miracles.

But then again I am wondering if something is wrong that is totally unrelated to ANYTHING, you know?

1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You have been having a rough time lately. Hope you and baby girl are doing better soon.