Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

~Discussion with the OB/GYN~

I called my OB last Wednesday due to the fact I seem to have my period again. Not only do I have my period again, but I exclusively breast feed and I am in the middle of pack of mini-pills. Gah! I was told to call back Monday if I was still bleeding. I am still bleeding, so I call back.

He says: Stop taking the mini-pill and call me next week to see how things are going. If you are still bleeding or stop and start up again, we may need to go in and do a "D and C". Good Lord. Dilation and Curettage. Oh can't wait to line up for that one! Who knew postpartum would be so much fun?!

So like if that is the case how long will I bleed after that?! And how am I able to lactate if that is the case? I was under the impression that if any part, no matter how small, of the placenta was left behind then your body still thinks it is pregnant and you won't produce milk. Hmm...

2 comments:

The Sturtz Family said...

I didn't bleed for as long as you are.. but I bled really heavy and ended up hemmoraging. I had a D&C and it fixed everything. I think I bled for a day maybe two afterwards and then it completely stopped. I've heard D&C's have completely fixed other people too. I wasn't in any pain afterwards either, just being knocked out for a surgery sucks. Good Luck!

Amy said...

I had issues with expelling the placenta afterward so they had to manually take it out (what an experience, different story for a different day). For a while I was passing large (deck of cards) clots / placenta and edged up to the D&C conversation but never made it quite there. It never affected my milk, fortunately. Good luck!