Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

~Update~

So I was supposed to call my OB/GYN this week for a follow up on my bleeding and all that jazz. Why I decided to wait until Friday (today) was anyone's guess. But so I did. Anyways...3PM rolls around and I suddenly start getting abdominal pain. Hrmm..I'd guess it was something I ate but since my lunch consisted of cheerios I was pretty sure it wasn't that. Flash forward to 6PM. I feel like I am dying. I am crying I am in so much pain. It is coming in waves and spreading towards my back. I am exhausted and am finding it hard to piece together conversation. I'm dropping things..motor skills are pretty warped and I feel like I am going to throw up. What is going on? I have the chills and my temperature is 95.5F. Umm..what?! OK that is .5 degrees shy of being hypothermic. WTF? I am so debilitated that I can not take care of Madelyn. All I can do is feed her and even that is challenging.

I feed her, hand her to Scott, and crawl up the stairs to lay in bed in hopes of getting warm and making it easier to bear the pain. I give in and all the OB after hours. I get a doctor who is not my own and explain it all to her (including a short background on the mini-pill fiasco), using almost all my energy to focus on the conversation. She calls in Motrin 800 and of all things says to me, "Well. It sounds like to me you are in to get a humdinger of a period." Um..what?!?! I'm thinking, you surely can not be serious. Hmm..well um ok..after 45 minutes or so of taking the Motrin 800, I felt a lot better, although the pain was still there it was finally bearable..and than the past thing I thought of before I went to bed was, "Who in the heck uses the word humdinger anymore?"

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Uggghhh. Hope the humdinger ends soon.

Me said...

Well that's the thing..I'm still waiting for it to start!

Becky said...

Maybe you should call the OB again today. I don't know why a temp of 95.5 would be associated with a period. Good luck!