Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

~Shower vent~

OK..so this really friggin' annoys me..and maybe I'm just hormonal and all but when you get an invitation to an event; wedding, shower, birthday party etc.. you respond 'yes' or 'no' to the host or hostess unless otherwise stated, i.e., "regrets only".

So we sent the shower invites out about a month ago..and well over a month prior to the actual shower. I sent out 45; got 27 yeas. A little over half. Sweet, right? Personally..I'm just happy I'm going to make the restaurant the minimum money required to have the room. Well I guess I'd feel better if some people actually called or emailed the hostess and told her yes or no. I mean..is that rude to just not respond at all or is it just me? People did that for my wedding too and it wasn't like I didn't send them an envelope with a stamp on it 2 months out! Like how hard was it to check a little box, lick and seal the envelope and pop it in the mail? Apparently even that was too taxing for some people to do so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that typing in an email would just put undue stress on them for days on end.

The kicker is these are the people who always bitch and moan that there are never any happy occasions in our family and we seem to only get together for wakes and funerals.

However, even though I am just fuming about the rudesss of some people (the majority of which are my blood relatives), I know that who will be there will really want to be there and who will be there will be who *I* really want to be there. So it will all work out in the end I suppose.

~Side Note~
I got a carseat in the mail this week off my registry which was pretty exciting, and I knew it was from my Godmother because I knew she wouldn't be in attendance at the shower due to a vacation they had planned. Oddly enough she wasn't at my wedding shower or my wedding either..but that is a story for another time.

So anyways, let me preface this for you a bit...my Godparents are rolling in money..they are not poor. They live in a paid for in full 800k condo (which was bought 5 years ago for a bit over 4ook), go on incredible vacations every year (China, cruises down the Nile..etc..) and so on. As a kid my Godfather would slip $10s, $20s and the occasional $50 in my hand. When I graduated college in 1998, they presented me a check for $500, which today is still a chunk of change but in 1998, it was astronomical. They never had kids of their own so they always treated me like a daughter. That all being said, I was kinda expecting the stroller to go along with the car seat. Be that as it may, she *split* the cost of the gift with someone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for any gift on my registry I receive, but my expectation with her is a bit higher, which I think is justified.

Oh, and she didn't even splurge for the gift wrapping or a card. My card came in the form of an email.

3 comments:

Amy and Joe said...

I have relatives that are totally like that - (omg I really am NOT trying to one-up you, ha!), that for the wedding the entire family that's rolling in money split our wedding gift with other people - luckily it was gift wrapped, but the entire thing was like less than $100! And the SPLIT it! Is that not weird? They live in a greystone that they bought for almost a million dollars, while they were building their other house for over 1.5 million...hmm. So yeah, I'd be irritated too, but at least you have the people coming to your shower that you want to be there! I felt it aggravating too that it puts people out to RSVP to a function with an already stamped envelope too...it's like JEEZ people you don't seem to understand any type of etiquette at all.

Lisa said...

uhhh...just to be on the safe side...your mom got my email, right??

Me said...

lol..yes Lisa..she did. :)