Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

~Bittersweet OB visit~

So I went back to the doc yesterday and the good news is I passed my 1 hour glucose test..yay! And then Doc tried taking her heartbeat and she was such the wiggleworm. He says to me, "Jeez, she is all over the place." I said, "You're telling ME?!" She never stops. Even right now my right boob is moving as if possessed.

Also had my first Braxton-Hicks on Monday morning, which was quite interesting. I was always wondering 'how do you know when you have them?' Apparently, you just know. I have had a few more since then but nothing major. It was just a nice reminder that I should really put a beach towel in my car which I did this morning and the perk is, I'm now taller in the car!

The bad news is I gained 20 pounds since my last visit (4 weeks ago) which puts me at a whopping 194lbs. I had a borderline nervous breakdown about that yesterday..crying fits, depression..the whole nine. After I slept on it, rather fitfully I might add, I have come to the conclusion that as long as it seems to be ok with my doc (which it is) then there is nothing to fret about. It is what it is.

Also I talked to my mom and some friends yesterday about it and they were very positive about the whole thing, and Scott was just the sweetest..thankfully he was there in the office when it happened. He told me I was and always will be beautiful to him, after all "you're carrying my child." I did break down again when he came home, and again he was just so sweet, he said he had been worried about me all afternoon because of how I was feeling when we left the doc and all that. He even took the blame which I thought was amusing.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Try not to worry too much about the weight. I gained 55 lbs. with Becca. I cried like 2-3 times at the doctors when I was weighted. I tried so hard to not overindulge but it didn't make a difference. The doctor was very supportive and said she gained 65 lbs. when she was pregnant. She said some people just gain more than others. Try to enjoy growing that baby.