Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ankles..what ankles?

So we had a bit of a heat wave here in these parts..well for April anyways..it was pretty hot..high 80s low 90s and some humidity to boot. My ankles wanted no part of it so they promptly made a run for it. My right one has come back for the time being, however the left is still on hiatus. The feet did get a nice soak in some chilly water yesterday which brought down my body temperature, but I still needed the third shower.

You know, how most people have "3 squares a day", I was having "3 showers a day"..I just felt so gross, ya know? Sweaty in places you never want to be sweaty..and powder can only go so far until you begin to make plaster of Paris and an eventual inadvertent body cast of yourself.

I also thought the swelling may have spread to my boobs too, as they seemed to be busting out of the bras that I bought. .and also in that hope was the thought of it being temporary. Alas..the temps and humidity have left and the boobs are still there in all their glory..so new bras for me again..gah..this pregnancy thing is getting expensive. What also kinda scares me is that I am already at the limit of DD..what comes next and where in the hell do you find those!? Just the other day I realized the shorts that I found on clearance purchased a size too big (at the time) a few months back..do not fit me anymore..so I had to replace those too! The upside is that it will still be blazing hot after the baby is born so when all starts to shrink back to normal I can use them as transition shorts. Gotta look on the bright side!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

ahhh!!! ain't it wonderful!! and as for bras, my sister got hers at the bigger-lady's store...

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I ordered mine online and at the mother/maternity store attached to the hospital I had the kids. I was a H at my height of breastfeeding.

Lindsey said...

What comes after DD? E! I usually wear a 36C/D, about 28 weeks I bought a new bra from Motherhood, which was a 40E! They usually have sales, I think I bought mine for $25. I'm hoping mine will go back to normal too - fingers crossed!