Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~Weight...~

I am a full time stay at home mom..and UGH..I had a horrible moment this past weekend when we went to the shopping outlets. I was in J Crew drooling over the cutest seek-sucker shorts with pink anchors on them, and when I asked about a certain size, they sales lady said, "We only go up to a 14."

..ok so I just weighed myself..I am 5 foot 4 and I am at 182 lbs..my BMI is 31..yup..OBESE.. Gross! I gave birth 6 mos ago, and the whole "I just had a baby" excuse is starting to sound feeble.

I was an on again off again "weight watcher" prior to becoming pregnant..that program does work if you stick to it..the problem is..when I was doing that I ate lots of dairy; fat free yogurt, string cheese, baby bell, cottage cheese..those were all great snacks and salad add ons..now I replace dairy with carbs carbs and more carbs! It's horrible. Not only that, those great microwavable no-brainer meals they sell, which I used to pair with a salad..no more..99% of them contain some kind of dairy. So when I am hungry I reach for some crackers, a slice of bread...not the usual yogurt and string cheese/apple combo..fruit alone does not do the trick either. I'll wolf down 4 healthy clementines and think, "Oh that was 8 points..I could have had a slice of bread with some jelly on it and a cup of oj instead..which would be less healthy but much more filling.."

I know I need to get more active..once the weather changes I will be able to, as right now I go to yoga (Baby and Mom Class) once a week..and that is all I can do because I can't get a sitter during the day to go to any more classes, and my Madelyn nurses exclusively so I can't go at night while Scott gives her a bottle. And I'm not pumping..it just does not work for me.

I need to make some food changes but I do not know how. I'd be happy to lose 30 lbs..thrilled to lose 40, but if I can't lose 40 I won't beat myself up over it either. I just do not know what to do.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cut yourself some slack--You DID just give birth 6 months ago and every single body handles pregnancy and post pregnancy differently...and winter sucks as far as exercise goes, I'm struggling with the same thing--spring is around the corner though and you can break out that stroller outside soon enough! AND I know how hard the food thing is and how easy the carb thing is too--I never realized how much I depended on dairy either--but keep at it because your situation is temporary, albeit a long-seeming temporary (unless you plan to breastfeed forever--then I can't help you on that one!) Frustrating, yes, but your little Madelyn will only be this little and dependent upon you and your body for a short while-priorities shift a little with a baby but you'll eventually have more control of things like food and exercise soon enough. Chin up girlie (easier said than done, I know, as I refuse to even get on the scale anymore for now! Babies change bodies and metabolism and life as we know it, but all good!! xo

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Cut yourself some slack.Things will get better. How about working out at home? I do videos, step, weights, and I do have an elliptical machine. If I didn't work out at home I wouldn't have time to workout either. Now I need to fix my diet. I find snacking hard being home all the time.

Amy and Joe said...

Hmmm...2 years (almost to the day) ago, I gave birth, and I weigh almost the same as I did when I was 7 months pregnant...........:D

It will be easier when Madelyn starts eating real foods by herself, and becomes more self sufficient. You're very motivated, so I know it'll be easier for you once your life becomes less stressful and less demanding :)