Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

~Dead kittens and popp..or lack there of~

So this morning I looked down and saw with such dismay that there was what looked to be a dead kitten floating in the water of the shower. Then I realized with equal dismay that it came from my head. Gross. I'm finally at the hair loss stage of pregnancy..all that thick glossy goodness that was mine is now no longer and self sacrificing to the shower Gods. If I didn't know better I'd swear I was on the route to early baldness.

Now to the other end of the spectrum, as I am dropping from the top of my body Madelyn can't let loose from the bottom of her body to save her life. She was fine until she discovered how much she loved carrots. In fact she loved them so much she devoured an entire jar in one sitting. And me, being the ever dutiful pleasing mommy allowed her to indulged, happy she found a jarred food we both could depend on.

Nothing has worked to unplug the dam. Prunes, warmed pear juice, peas, peas and prunes together, all 3 together, pears, warm compresses, belly massage, warm baths, baby calisthenics, etc..I'm at a loss. I even cut out her cereal. The good thing is she does not seem to phased by this ordeal and in fact is in as good a mood as any, so things could be worse. Today we will try the prune/pea combo with warmed prune juice..if that doesn't work I suppose I will cut out solids all together and go back to straight nursing until she self-regulates. Although I must admit I'm a bit scared, as she has been eating peas in some combo for the past 4 days and what little does come out is still bright carrot orange...so the back-up when released will not be pretty. Any one have a Haz-Mat suit I can borrow?

~EDIT: Pedi just called a few minutes ago and told me to give her Mineral Oil 2 times a day and then if I do not see a poop in 24 hours I give her a lengthwise halved suppository..and NOT to stop feeding her solids. I was goign to make a Chiropractic appointment for her (and me) this week to see if Marla could help, but she is on vacation, so I guess I will have t wait until next week for some other kind of intervention if it is needed.

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope she unplugs soon.

Candace and Gennaro said...

I had a hard time with all the hair I lost too when Dominic was about 3 months old. I also remember that he was a little backed up too when he started solids(like Madelyn, he was more than regular before that!) but his little belly figured it out after a week or 2. Hope the mineral oil works. As for you, it will grow back, I swear!

Amy and Joe said...

"I'm finally at the hair loss stage of pregnancy.."

What?!?!?!?!??!?