Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

~When I think I have heard it all from her...~

Seriously...

You think my radar would be up at Red Alert with this woman at this point and when I hear something "evil" I'd be poised and ready to strike, but yet I remain with shields down coasting along..maybe blindly hoping she will not say something derogatory and ignorant to me.

Alas, I am wrong. This might be the best MIL comment to date:

"I think if you have to go back to work after having a baby you shouldn't have had children in the first place."

Well..I guess since my mother had to go back to work after I was born I guess she never should have had me then, huh.

Oh, and I am a stay at home mom. Whew...glad to know she at least approves of her grand daughter's birth.

1 comment:

Amy and Joe said...

Are you kidding me? Did this woman crawl out of the 1800's? Actually, that's not even a very fair statement to say, because even women back then probably went back to work after having their babies too.
I'm speechless...I guess Hayden and (almost) all mothers I know shouldn't have been parents to begin with!!