Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

~6 mos well-visit, car seats and more!~

So we had our 6 mos visit to the Pedi on Tuesday. She weighs in at 16.9lbs which puts her in "big girl" status according to the Pedi. And she is 26 inches long. I think we are finally leveling off...or not. No tooth buds yet, but we are acting like they are coming that is for sure.

We still have zero desire to roll over, but that is ok because now we are distracted with trying to sit up all by ourselves. We sit in the Boppy some days and some days we don't. Sometimes she does well, other times she is a complete weeble that does fall down. I bought her some stacking cups and she LOVES playing with those when she is practicing sitting. I think it takes her mind off of the sitting part, you know?

We also got ourselves a new high chair after observing the Fisher Price ones our friends had. After using it I will never use my full sized one again. Although we are keeping it set up for when small people come over and we need an extra.

Another thing we purchased recently was the convertible car seat. We opted against the Britax and went with the new Safety 1st Air Protect, and after all was said and done it came to $187. I knwo I know..Britax this and Britax that..well we have our reasons, and cost was not one of them, so I'll just stick to that.

Today we start our Stage 2 food..Pears and Mango..mm...who wouldn't want that for breakfast?

We are still a little stopped up, so Mineral Oil is on our daily regimin now according to the Pedi. I just mix a small amount into her food at each meal..trying to see what the minimum amount is we need to have a smooth move.

Saturday Mommy gets her hair cut..hallelujah! I have to get is short enough where it is semi-out of Madelyn's reach but long enough where it still looks feminine. She has this uncanny ability, as I am sure most all babies do, to grab on to ONE hair and pull on it with just the right amount of pressure where it still stays in my scalp but yet feels like it is about to come out any second. Very painful.

1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Kids have that hair pulling thing down to a science. I want to see photos. Please. FB?