Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

~More bitching...~

OK so it's official. I hate my body. The only things I can still wear are maternity and sweats. It sucks. I know it will get better because it took my body 9 months to get this way and it will surely take at least that to get it back but it still sucks.

We went to a wedding last weekend (yay for me for an adult night out!) but it cost us so much money because I had to get an entire new outfit. Going to Marshall's or TJ Maxx right now is a frickin' joke, so we had to venture out and spend real money..lol. Scary. So Scott and I went to CHICO'S, J Jill, and White House/Black Market. As much as I liked hiding in the "travel" line of CHICO'S, I am not 50 years old (yet) so therefore it wasn't an option. WHBM was a cruel joke for me. Dear Lord..oh yes and to make myself feel worse I walked into Ann Taylor. I used to work there years ago..I forgot how it is geared towards (really) skinny people. Last resort, J Jill. Oh help.

I told the sales lady this: I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and I hate my body. We are going to a wedding on Saturday. I need something I can hide in. Help. $195.88 later, I had an outfit. It is from their "wearever" line of clothing. A line they always carry and update pieces every season so you can add to your collection to keep it refreshed. Nice. It feels like pajamas (bonus) when I have it on and it is washable (double bonus). I was feeling really good about myself, until we got there and we began the round of picture taking. Two of my very good girl pals were sitting with us (who I love dearly by the way), however, both of them could fit into one of the pant legs pf the outfit I was wearing. As soon as I saw myself in the pictures next to them, I felt like such a whale and could not wait to get the hell out of there and was relieved when 8pm rolled around and we had to get home so I could BF Madelyn.

I seriously almost cried when I saw the first picture of the night. Sigh.

2 comments:

The Sturtz Family said...

I totally feel for you! Remember me at a wedding 3 weeks after having Brooke? And here I chose to do this to my body again!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I understand how you feel. Give yourself some time.