Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

~MIL and spending spree~

Why oh why do I stress so badly whenever my MIL calls and says she will be coming over? It's not that I am not grateful for her watching Madelyn, as errands can get done so much faster when you fly solo but I swear, every time she calls it feels like the DM is coming and the vacuum cleaner just broke, my merchandise hasn't come in for my floor plan and one of the registers was inexplicably $100 short even after looking through the journal tape 3 times.

Why do I have to constantly remind her to change Madelyn's diaper too? Even Scott told her to do it today as she called him so he could tell her how to turn on the tv. Score for Madelyn though seeing when MIL took off her diaper to change her (5 minutes before I got home from my 2 hours of doing errands mind you) she peed all over her! Muahahaha! Good girl!

I also dropped $136 at Kohl's today as I realized yesterday the little stinker had almost nothing to wear besides a few short sleeved onesies I randomly bought. For some reason we forgot all about that 9 month window..oops...and so that void had to be filled. Gotta love Kohl's.."You saved $99.90 today" Hell yes I did. So we got some workhorses (the 5 packs of Carter's onesies with the 2 packs of matching pants) and loads of other things.

And speaking of clothes..after this pee fiasco (giggle...) MIL brings Madelyn downstairs wearing a turtleneck..um..what..it's 65 degrees out you numb skull! By the grace of God she decided to have a drool fest (Madelyn, not MIL) so I was able to change her into something more weather appropriate without stepping on MIL's pride too much.

1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hee hee! Way to go Madeline.