Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

~BLW?~

Bah,..no matter how hard I try, Madelyn refuses to eat anything that remotely looks like real food. Bananas are stars in the jar, but once they actually look like a banana, she wants nothing to do with them. Watermelon, strawberries, avocados, egg yolks, blueberries, mangos..nothing.

I keep trying and I keep getting rejected...hard core! She makes this face as if she ate a lemon, shivers and makes this funny noise..then proceeds to try and spit it out or gag it out.

We did find these fabulous rice cakes at Stew Leonard's..they are made in house, that she absolutely adores. They melt faster than those Happy Baby puffs, and they are a great finger/practice food. Plus they are HUGE and are only 15 calories per cake..so it's really just crunchy air she is ingesting. So thanks to those she has gotten more adept at self feeding, but she can't live on rice cakes forever.

I did think about mashing up a banana and spreading it on the cake but those things fall apart just by looking at them so that won't work.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love those rice cakes! The people I babysit for get them! We manage to spread peanut butter and honey on them for the boy...And I hope for you that the little Miss starts eating "real food" soon...makes life much easier! All in good time...