Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

~New things and and finally went through with it~

So I introduced Madelyn to the sippy cup and she is pretty good with it. She can't hold it very well (well at all really) but she gets the concept of liquid refreshment coming out of the spout. I put some water in it so she had something to practice with, and yes, more ends up all over her bib than in her tummy but that's ok..gotta start somewhere; and besides she is such a prolific drooler anyways what is more liquid at this point anyways? We are using these ones by NUBY that have a pliable spout rather than the hard plastic kind (thanks Amy!), and maybe that is why she is taking to it so well. I did have them out for abut a week prior just so she could see, touch, feel and play with them too. That way they didn't seem so foreign to her.

And as of yesterday I am no longer a post-partum virgin and this was done sans Peapod Delivery item thank you very much so I have nothing to report on THAT quite yet. Initially, yeah it fucking sucked. It hurt worse than when I lost my virginity, which when that happened, really didn't hurt at all. Um, so let's just say it brought tears to my eyes this time, but as Scott put it, "you got over the pain pretty quickly". Pfft..hush! And after all was said and done, he sat back, pumped his fist like a prize fighter and exclaimed, "I'm back in..WOO! Every night now and no excuses!" Um what!? I guess I'd better get back on the pill, eh?

3 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Every night? Crazy talk.

Amy and Joe said...

Unless you wanna be like Britney Spears with another child 9 months later.....lol!!! (I know you're already passed that point, but YES, you need some type of birth control if you don't want to conceive - it is VERY possible to get pregnant while you're breastfeeding!!!!)

Amy and Joe said...

OMG I just did the math...if you got pregnant right now, Madelyn would be only 13 months old!!! Holy crap, you REALLY don't want that!!! Happy sexing! :D