Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~The ultimate Mom-Mobile~

Hoooo-leeeeey shit is all I have to say. I did it. I finally got what I think to be the holy grail if mom-mobiles. The Volvo XC70 AWD. I have been pining after this car for years, and in fact when I traded in my 1996 Volvo 850 to get my 2007 SAAB 9-3T we had looked at the XC70 as well but it was out of our price range. In retrospect I am glad we didn't buy it back then because the one we can afford now (thanks to my late grandfather's liquidation of estate) is 100 times sweeter a ride than that one ever would have been.

We got the 2008 Volvo XC70 as a Certified Pre-Owned and it came nicely broken in with a bit over 18k on it, which was fine with me seeing my trade in also had a wee bit over 18k on it.

As cute as that SAAB was, it was just too darn small (not to mention white leather interior..what?!), and I knew that from the day we bought it, alas my pleas fell upon deaf ears.

So with AWD, a ton of cargo space, integrated rear DVD players, heated seats both front and back and a slew of other cool options like the neat-o blind spot recognition sensor, I'd say I am finally able to cart Miss Madelyn and all her crap around (plus lots of mine) without missing a beat. I am beyond happy and excited and am hopeful that this car will last me well into the future as I do not see this household needing a new mommy car for a long long time. Now we have to work on Scott's ride....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new wheels! Fun! Fun!!