Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No help from the Monster In Law?

So yesterday Scott and I were lolling about and chatting about everything from gardening to putting in a pool (stay-cation here we come!) to future vehicles. He got the notion that in about 1 year after the child is born we could somehow go on a short vacation with just him and I. Mind you I'm not even pregnant yet and he is already talking about this sort of thing. So seeing we live in southern New England, we have lots of options available to us, however what I suggested was a 3/4 day cruise to Bermuda. No airfare, just park the car in NY/NJ and go to the terminal.

Then I said how nice it would be seeing it's on the way, to drop said child off at HIS parent's house for the weekend. How happy they would be (so I thought) to have some one-on-one time the child without anyone else to interfere with it.

HA!

He says to me: My mom already told me she isn't helping us.

WTF is that all about?! I mean seriously.

He says; "We'll probably have to drive to your parent's house and then to NY/NJ to do that." Uh..my parents live like 1 hour outside Boston. You're crazy Mister!

So I said; "Well then if they are over visiting and the child shats in his diaper is she going to try and hand him/her over to ME?"
He just looked at me with a smirk as if to say, "well of course!"
I said; "No way..if you're holding the bomb when it goes off you are the one to change it, and that goes for everyone."

Am I expecting too much? I mean it's not like his parents WORK or anything, mine both have full time jobs still. Cripes..

No comments: